Saturday, January 24, 2009

January 24th: Genesis 39-40, Psalm 44 and Matthew 26

Interesting thought from Psalm 44 today.

I should give God praise for the things he has done in my parents and grandparents lives, even if my life is currently in a state of suck. And I should trust that God doesn't change and since He doesn't, I need to wait on Him. And be cool with waiting (but feel free to complain about it). And it seems, this Psalm is saying look to the past for proof.

Here is the breakdown:
vs. 1-3: David recounts the works of God in the past.
vs. 4-8: Victory comes through God
vs. 9-25: "Wow, my life sucks...really, really bad... like for serious. I'm not kidding... at all. It's bad (There were a lot of verses with a lot of points for emphasis)."
vs. 26: No matter how bad it is, I know God doesn't change, so c'mon save me already.

David is a complainer. That's established in like Psalm 7. But the fact of the matter is that he was able to tell God that he didn't agree with the coolness of how things were going down. But Dave knew one thing, God had his back. He wouldn't abandon him. Sometimes, I think we as Christians are told not to complain...be content. And if we have joy, everything is suppose to be OK. And we shouldn't be angry about how life is turning out. But here is David, letting God know exactly what he thinks. David has a heart after God.

I think I need to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment