Thursday, January 22, 2009

January 22th: Genesis 34-35, Psalm 39-40 and Matthew 24

You know what the Bible doesn't say? That Joseph's coat was many "striped" colors. That's an evil lie from the flannel board people. OK, I can't back up the "evil lie" part. Seriously though, where does it say vertical stripes? No where! I have a new hypothesis... Joseph's sweet coat of many colors was hypercolor. Think about it. That's a lot of colors. So much so, that you could call it a coat of many colors. See where I'm going with this? Go ahead, mock... you don't know.

I was going to say that it was tie-dyed, but c'mon! Hypercolor? That's so rad it's 1980s rad. No wonder the brothers were jealous. Give that dude some snap bracelets and a pair of British Knights and 4th-grade-me would have been jealous too.

Guess I never thought about it before. I just took Superbook's word for it when it came to the visual (or was it Flying House... which one was Old Testament?).

By the way, look at Genesis 37:2. What's with this random line about the sons of Billah and Zilpah? It says, "And Joseph brought a bad report of them to their father." That's it? Is this Asher and Gad? Or is it some random other tribe of Israel? And why is it here? Just as a side note? To point to Joseph being the good son?

Now jump to Matthew 24, who makes up the generationt that Jesus references? Was it the current generation? Cause they passed away and I'm not so sure this happened. Can I get a little help?

2 comments:

  1. For some reason I am imagining Joseph's coat like the horse of many colors in the Wizard of Oz...

    btw, you're pretty awesome. Alicia is a lucky gal.
    and I think I might pick up the Bible... now. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i actually wore hyper color jeans while watching superbook! didn't know joe and i had so much in common! :)

    ReplyDelete