Monday, January 26, 2009

January 26th: Genesis 42-43, Psalm 46-48 and Matthew 28

Twenty-six days in and one book down 65 to go.

Use the google, and you'll find that it's commonly held that after 21 days of doing something you've formed a habit. I'm not really sure what this "habit" thing is. I think it may be the point where you've done something so many times that you feel guilty when you don't do it anymore. That's kind of depressing.

But, I think it's also the way that look at "religion." Sometimes, I think that God will be angry with me if I don't do something. I focus on this so much that I miss out on all the times that He's proud of me because I did do something.

As I read through the story of Joseph, there is no commentary about the situation with his brothers. No sense of guilt from Joseph, no sense of shame for his actions. No comment that this was bad. He moves through life, never stopping to dwell on things. And this seems to be a pretty good plan. He seeks after God and knows that he's innocent. Pretty cool.

1 comment: