Thursday, February 26, 2009

February 26th: Exodus 39-40, Psalm 102 and 1 Corinthians 10

This was the theme of the blog when I started. And today, I'm going to explore that "frustrated" part. I think I'm observing something reading Exodus 40 and 1 Corinthians 10 together. The cloud by day and the pillar by night lead the Israelites through the desert. Incredible. And at first, I thought, "wow, wish I had something that obvious to lead me." I pop over to 1 Corinthians 10:1-5, and I'm confronted with how little that mattered. Paul's basically like, "cloud, Red Sea parting, water out of a rock...whatever didn't help 'em." Brutal.

But that's not what I want to talk about. I want to talk about this journey. The frustrations of being dogged at the end of the day. Being so tired (from doing "ministry") that you hit the alarm from 6-7 AM and then running till tne end of the day. I'm doing so much "stuff" for God (or so I think) that I miss my time him... or make it a chore. That's frustrating. That's the cloud that you get use to.

You ever feel this way?

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, the busy christian life... I think this is a plague that we all face. But, why? I have started asking myself this question recently. Why does life get so busy that it pushes out everything that I enjoy doing? Spending time with the Lord, hanging out with friends, going on dates with me wife, etc. Is there something wrong here?

    ReplyDelete