Friday, January 16, 2009

January 16th: Genesis 28-29, Psalm 33 and Matthew 18

How about a little honesty...

I've got some sinus thing.  I can't breath and I've heard that helps you sleep. So, I'm pretty tired. (If I throw a loving kindness in there, I think it's a Psalm)

I just finished reading today.   It was familiar stuff.  I'm sitting in a hotel, so I did the reading in a blue Gideon Bible that smelled like a used book store.  I don't know what the smell has to do with anything but it was distracting.  The Bible was in ye King James. 

I didn't come up with much today.

The only thing that jumped out at me was in Genesis 28:17.  Jacob The Liar's taking a nap on a rock pillow when he has a vision of God.  He wakes up and says this:

"How dreadful is this place!  This is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven"

Remember when God use to walk in the garden with Adam?  Remember when they had a beautiful relationship?  There was no "dread" of God.  Maybe it's the King James speaking or maybe it's the Tylenol PM, but the fact that God went from best friend to fear inducing deity is saddening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment