Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 22nd: Deuteronomy 5, Ecclesiastes 1 and John 17

Interesting-non-first-read-through-the-Bible-fact.

It's a long way from the high-priest's house to the garden where Jesus was praying with the disciples. Judas would have had a lot of time to think about what he was doing. Like fifteen minutes at a minimum. He would have walked down into the Kidron valley and then about half way up the Mount of Olives. That's quite a hike probably closer to half an hour. I wonder what he thought about during the hike. I wonder if he kept his head down as he walked past the temple. I wonder if he checked the upper room first. I wonder if he saw the colt that Jesus rode into Jerusalem. I wonder if he bumped into any of the women or friends of Jesus. I wonder if they asked him what he was doing. Why he wasn't with Jesus?

How devastatingly sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment