Monday, March 2, 2009

March 2nd: Leviticus 7, Psalm 106 and 1 Corinthians 15

The Exodus of the Israelites was epic. It was so talked about the David mentions it over and over (again here in Psalm 106. Jesus mentions it. Paul mentions it. There is a constant theme of Sinai, the Red Sea and the wilderness through out the Bible, Old and New Testaments.

This made me think about how little I remember the past. Not only do I forget all the amazing blessings God has poured out for me, I also quickly forget the crappy stuff that I've done. Sure, God has forgiven me. The slate has been wiped clean (and other fine cliches). But looking at the Israelites of the Exodus, He forgave that generation. And yet their mistakes still serve as a warning, a landmark.

I think it would be good for me to give God the glory for things done "long ago" in my own life. Remembering both the times God did great things for me and also when I let God down in my own "rebellion."

1 comment:

  1. you still need a "long ago" young one! The longer your past becomes, the more you remember....

    ReplyDelete