Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January 6th:Genesis 11-12, Psalm 15-16 and Matthew 8

Genealogies in the morning, you have to love that.  Nothing quite like coffee and begats.  I can't wait till 5 AM Leviticus.  But this was the first time I really thought about the Genesis 11 genealogies still have some big numbers in there.  Like the fact that my boy, Shem, lived 500 years after the flood.  I did the math.   That would mean that Shem actually outlived Abraham.  In fact, from Shem getting off the boat to Abraham’s birth is only a span of 292 years.  Which means that Abraham could have met Noah.  Probably at a family reunion.  Can you imagine Noah sitting in the corner of the tent?

Noah: “Did I ever tell you about the time it rained 40 days and 40 nights?”

Shem: “DAD! Enough with this story. 300 years. Same story.  We get it. Flood. Raven. Dove. Rainbow. C’mon!  Here. Drink some more wine… we all know what happens then…right Ham?”

Ham: “Shut up Shem!!!”

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha this is great stuff Jon! I'll be a regular reader now.

    I hope everything is going great for you out there!

    - Jeremy

    ReplyDelete