Monday, May 18, 2009

May 16th: Deuteronomy 33-34, Isaiah 6 and Colossians 3-4

How often have you heard people say this:

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Sounds really great. Usually, when you hear this preached, it's a rally cry to go to change the world. But look at the rest of the passage. Bad news! I wonder if Isaiah thought, "Seriously?" That's a rough message. Would you be willing to give it?

I was at a conference the other day in Burbank, California. Susan Issacs, speaking of Hollywood said this: "If God called you to Hollywood for three good years and twenty-seven bad ones, would you still come?" Because the crazy thing is that God doesn't usually get your consent on the plan before he asks.

So when you say, "here I am send me," remember that you don't get to pick the where or the how or the degree of suck.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God!!!! I had no clue what the (suck) would be when I said yes to God

    ReplyDelete